Mar 25, 2011

Gail's having a baby, and her shower is in the next couple weeks. I decided to check out her registry and went to the Babies R Us website to find it. I was unprepared for the emotions that overwhelmed me as I scrolled through her list. Seeing the familiar page design, the items that we throw on there for our unborn children, the things we pick out for someone who doesn't quite exist yet- it's all very powerful stuff. And, for a minute, I felt pregnant again, sitting at work, rubbing my belly, and wondering if Baby Boy was going to need bottle liners or not. I missed it, for a second, and felt sad that I wasn't pregnant anymore. And for those of you who remember,I f-ing LOATHED being pregnant. It was downright awful, all that anxiety that comes with the unknown. But, I think, second time around, I may just enjoy it. I can't wait for a second time around. Partly because I already have all the stuff and won't need to register again.

No comments: