Dec 24, 2010

Merry Christmas, yo! It's Andy's first Christmas, which sounds a lot more exciting than it will actually be. Little guy's way too young to comprehend what's going on, so I think next Christmas will REALLY be special. This year, it will just be special in the fact that we HAVE him, that he's here at all, and that he's so damn cute and cuddly. To think he was the size of a plum last year. To think he was in my belly. The difference a year can make- it's incredible!

Off to Chris' extended family celebration tonight, which I anticipate will make for a cranky Andy since the party starts a little too close to bedtime. And then, tomorrow, we're hosting both sides of our family, festivities beginning at a sprightly noon in order to get things going and over with by a reasonable hour. I hate when holiday parties start late, I really do. Holiday meals are meant to be eaten EARLY, leaving the rest of the day for digestion and rest. Anyway, God help me tomorrow. Not sure why I thought hosting would be a good idea- this has potential to be a disaster to rival the Edmund Fitzgerald, have you met my mother??- but, hey. No driving for us. No wearing shoes. And isn't that the true meaning of the holiday?

No comments: