Feb 23, 2010

And I'm having a boy. I've had a feeling it was a boy from pretty much the second I found out I was pregnant- I'm not saying "knowing" this was a great feat, because the odds were decent either way, but still. Our ultrasound yesterday was kind of a non-event except for actually being told that it was a boy. I guess the doctor could see the testicles even though the kid had his legs crossed (ah, so modest), but Chris and I couldn't see jack. I especially didn't see very much- the doctor had the screen kind of aimed away from me, and when I lifted my head to look, she barked, "I'm going to need you to keep your head down." Oh yeah? Well I'M going to need YOU to show me what I've got going on inside MY uterus. Biznatch.

I didn't say that, of course. I just put my head down and tried to curve my eyeballs to get a glimpse.

The doc did switch to 3D for a bit, and I was able to see my son (can you believe that? My son?? Bananas!) take his little arm and appear to rub it against his forehead. Freaking adorable! Such a cute little face, too, if you don't mind me saying so. But, overall, there was not a whole lot going on. I guess the baby's breech, which isn't too much of a concern at this point, but everything else looked good and healthy and right on track. Oh, the miracle of all this stuff. So damn miraculous.

So now we have to think about getting the spare room ready for a little boy. What are good themes for a little boy? Trains, animals, sports? Boogers, farts, boobies? What are we looking at here? I've never had to decorate a room for a boy- I might need a little guidance.

2 comments:

Dan Dougherty said...

Whatever you do, don't put a painting of a clown in the kids bedroom. That really bothered me for a long time.

But hey! I am so happy for you two!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news for you!!!! So he showed his "wing ding"!! Chris must be proud. :). I agree with Dan above. NO clowns. Scary. Sports and boobs...you can't go wrong...

Congrats to you and your husband!

Anonymous in Michigan.