Jan 12, 2011

Dear Andy,

Today is your half birthday! You are 0.5 year old! I hope it's a great day for you and that those other asshole babies at the daycare let you use the jumperoo all you want. You deserve it!

It's been a whirlwind six months for you. Ah, how far you've come. You are sitting, rolling, playing, moving, giggling, babbling. You raise your arms for uppies. You curl up on your side for sleeping. You scratch your balls while in the bath. You're basically just a man, now, only tiny. You wear sweatpants all the time and have figured out how to put the TV on sleep mode using the remote control. I still haven't figured out how to turn off the sleep mode and usually just have to wait until the TV powers down. You are smarter than me already! Kinda.

The one thing you don't do all that well is eat. You don't seem to like the spoon, you haven't mastered swallowing yet, and the taste of bananas on your tongue? Well, it makes you cry. I know you're young and it's not a big deal yet if you're not into the whole solids thing, but I guess I'm just ... I don't know, worried isn't the right word. Neither is concerned. Just interested, I suppose, and perhaps wondering if I will still be feeding you with bottles when you're five. Nah, that probably won't happen. I'm sure we're good.

These six months have been downright super. Everything about you makes me smile, from the hilarious back of your head (swirl of hair, little rat tail, and long wings of hair swooping out from behind your eyes) to the way your eyes light up and you laugh when we do eskimo kisses- the amount of happiness is so great, I can hardly bear it.

And I know these next six months are going to be incredible. You are going to learn SO much in such a short period of time- I just hope that I am able to take it all in and completely relish it. I don't want to miss or forget a thing. I can't wait to hear you say "Mommy." That had better be your first word; if it's "Day Care Provider," I may just lose it.

Here's to an awesome six months and an amazingly even better next six months. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Xoxoxo
Mommy

2 comments:

Dan Dougherty said...

Happy half birthday Andy!

Uncle Dan

Brian said...

h p y b r h a t y u
h p y b r h a t y u
h p y b r h a t a d
h p y b r h a t y u